As a valued client, our goal is always to help your practice grow stronger. To that end, we want to share a strategy that many practices have implemented. To comply with local physical distancing regulations and ensure patient comfort, practices are using Zingit’s 2-way texting service to turn parking lots into reception areas.
How it Works – Parking Lot Reception
- A pre-appointment text reminder from the practice educates incoming patients on the new reception process.
- Upon parking, patients text the practice to ‘check-in’.
- The front desk acknowledges the check-in and provides an estimated wait time along with any instructions.
- Should the practice require any pre-appointment intake information, insurance info, payment info, they may choose to call the patient as necessary.
- Once the practice is ready to receive the patient, staff texts the patient with instructions to enter.
Patients win, getting access to the same great care they enjoy. Providers win with a physically distanced reception process that allows them to provide care for patients in need. Please note that the scenario presented is an example framework of what we are seeing. Please tailor it to fit your practice and be sure to check your local laws and regulation to ensure you are in compliance.
Have a tip for your peers?
Email us how you’re using Zingit to enhance the patient experience during this challenging time at [email protected].